Thursday 21 December 2006

The year of our laud 2006

1. Overall, have you had a good year?
Yes. I've made a load of new friends, done my job well, had some great nights out, and prepared for what will be an amazing year next year.

2. What has been your biggest achievement?
Saving for and buying a round the world ticket. Getting my purple belt in kickboxing.

3. Did you take any exams, Pass?
I took two kickboxing gradings. For my orange belt I got a B and was a bit rubbish. For my purple belt I got a fucking A! Which is for ace, obviously.

4. Have you had your birthday yet?
In February. I got insanely drunk at Rebel Rebel (well, before I even got in there actually) and vaguely remember giving my female friends lapdances. They loved it. Then I went to the theatre on my actual birthday and saw Blood Brothers. It was crap.

5. Have you been on Holiday?
Much more than I should have, given that I'm going away for a year in January.

6. Where and when(list)?
I went to Brighton for Easter weekend and had lots of sex. Then I went to Kenya in September and saw lots of animals. There was no sex.

7. Have you bought anything expensive?
My round the world ticket. An iPod.

8. Have you had a job?
Of course.

9. Made any big decisions?
Deciding to leave my life, my loves and my living behind to go on a big adventure.

10. Lost a friend or loved one?
Lost him, got him back. I'm not really sure. Ask me again in... the future.

11. Met anyone amazing?
My housemates (and their friends) in Dalyell Road. A press officer at Sky One called Fabian Devlin who not only has a cool name, but told me loads about Thailand last week, and earlier in the year gave me the first series of 24 on DVD and got me hooked. All the people I met in Kenya. Famous people? Just Jack. Chris Cornell. Adewale Akinnouye-Agbaje. The Tittybangbang girls. Gordon Ramsay. Julio Iglesias. Sugababes (twice). Scissor Sisters. Charlotte Church. Basement Jaxx. Alesha Dixon. James Morrison. Bruce Parry. Jorja Fox. Justin Lee Collins. Nelly Furtado. Bill Oddie. Tom Jones. Russell Brand. Jo Joyner. June Whitfield. Torvill & Dean. John Simm.

12. Made new friends?
Yeah loads from moving into Dalyell.

13. Moved house?
Twice. Once into Dalyell and then into my friend Jen's so I can save some money on rent before I go away. Moving sucks.

14. Changed college?
Not for a long time!

15. Tried something new?
Loads. Some new men, new food, new places, new countries. Ask me in a year though, I'll be able to give you a list ad infinitum.

16. Been more happy or sad?
An equal balance of both, as always.

17. Made any enemies?
Not that I know of.

18. What music will you remember from this year?
God, loads. Akala, Alesha, All Saints, Amy Winehouse, Arctic Monkeys, The Automatic, Basement Jaxx, Betty Curse, Bob Sinclar (World Hold On), Bodyrox (Yeah Yeah), Captain, Chris Lake (Changes), Cicada, David Guetta Vs The Egg, Delays, Dirty South, DJ Shadow, Eagles Of Death Metal, Faithless, The Feeling, bloody Fergie, Friday Hill, Girls Aloud, Gnarls Barkley, Guillemots, bloody Gwen Stefani, Hot Chip, Jamelia, James Dean Bradfield, James Morrison, Jet, Jose Gonzalez (Heartbeat), Just Jack, Justice Vs Simian, Justin Timberlake, Kasabian, The Killers, The Kooks (Naive), KT Tunstall (Suddenly I See), Lil' Chris, Lily Allen, Lorraine, Lostprophets, Madonna, Massive Attack, Matt Willis, Muse, Nelly Furtado, The Ordinary Boys, bloody Paris Hilton, Paul Oakenfold, Pink, The Pussycat Dolls, Razorlight (America), Rihanna (SOS), Robbie Williams, bloody Rogue Traders, Scissor Sisters, Scott Matthews, Shiny Toy Guns, The Similou, Snow Patrol, Sugababes, Supermode (Tell Me Why), Take That (who'd have thought??), Thom Yorke, Till West & DJ Delicious, Tocadisco, The Upper Room, Veto Silver, We Are Scientists, Yourcodenameis:milo. (Can you tell I just went through my iPod??)

19. What movies have you seen at the cinema this year?
I don't go as much as I'd like. I've seen X-Men: The Last Stand (not as good as the first two), Brokeback Mountain (stunning), The Departed (intense, loved it). Think that's about it really.

20. What was your best night out?
Recently the Sky One Christmas bash which was held at the top of The Gherkin. Just. Amazing. THAT view, and an oyster bar, and champagne. And very good company. Brilliant. Um, also my first night out with my housemates. We went to Jamm in Brixton, just the four of us, got fucked and had an absolute blast. Mark and Nick's wedding in Bournemouth was great. Richard Ashcroft at Electric Ballroom with Sarah was good, as was The Feeling at Christ Church. Any gig with Sarah is good! The night I had my first threesome was interesting. :) Seeing Robbie play in Cologne was just amazing. The night my sister came up for the weekend was deadly. But it's been a pretty quiet year really. I've been saving!

21. What was your worst night out?
The night I was supposed to see Scissor Sisters in Trafalgar Square when I had my phone snatched and then lost my friend. Well, never found her. (See Shitterday Night blog.)

22. Best Day?
Getting my purple belt in kickboxing.

23. Worst Day?
The last time I saw David.

24. Best month?
This one. I can't tell you how excited I am about going away next month.

25. Worst month?
Last month when I was stressing about all the stuff I had to do before I go away. It's all coming together now.

26. Was summer a good'un?
Not really, was working hard as we were short-staffed and I couldn't spend any money as I was saving. Although seeing Foo Fighters in Hyde Park was fucking ace.

27. Have you made better friends with anyone?
That's an interesting one. Probably Anna by going to Kenya together. Yes definitely, actually. And some people at kickboxing.

28. Lost any friends?
No, I don't think so.

29. How many people have you kissed in the year of 2006?
Loads. You mean as in boys and tongues? Still loads. I've been a right slapper this year.

31. Did you have your heart broken?
Yeah.

32. Made any plans for next year?
Well, I might have mentioned it. I'm going travelling.

33. How many hair colours have you had?
Two. Finding bits of grey now!

34. Got pierced?
Nah, my body doesn't like it.

35. Got inked?
Wanted to but never got round to it. Next year.

36. Changed your image?
No, not really.

37. Missed anyone?
Yes.

38. Enjoying this survey?
It's going on a bit longer than I thought it would.

39. Know what you want in the future?
Nope, I'll take whatever the world throws my way.

40. Regret anything?
No. I've handled everything to the best of my ability with the information that was available to me at the time. It's all good.

No comments: