Friday 12 January 2007

Just Jack

I went to see Just Jack on Wednesday night. He was brilliant. Here are some things that happened at the gig.

* Jack had an immovable grin on his face the entire evening. Although, with my amazing phone camera skills I didn't manage to capture it in any of my pics.



* Jack said, "Things are looking healthy." I like a man who uses understatement to make a point.

* I began to think Jack is dating his backing singer. He looked at her the whole way through with a mix of flirting, reassurance and 'isn't this amazing??'

* The old stuff went down well, particularly Snowflakes.

* When he sang, 'I don't want this night to end' in Symphony Of Sirens, he looked like he meant it.

* The songs sounded meatier live, better in fact. The boy's got this live thing off pat.



* Jack and his backing singer did a little hand clapping dance routine to Writer's Block. It was amazing.

* The most adulation was saved for Starz In Their Eyes, but Goth In The Disco, a track that wasn't finished in time for the album, also went down a storm. "I gotta say, I love doing that song," said Jack.

* The drummer fucked up during Starz In Their Eyes. No one cared. Jack still grinned.

* Everyone went home happy. Jack was still grinning.

No comments: