Wednesday 17 January 2007

Should I STA or should I go?

Well I'm still in London. Bloody STA fucked up and forgot to mention that I'd need a paper ticket to get on the plane. They apparently left a voicemail for me on October 6th (or 9th, depending on which STA agent I speak to) telling me my tickets were ready to pick up. I didn't receive that voicemail, for whatever reason. But that aside they had both my email address and home address as well. And I went into the bloody store in November to sort out some visa stuff. Why didn't they give me the ticket then??

Anyway it's all sort of sorted now. I'm booked on a flight to Hong Kong before going on to Bangkok. I've lost my hostel but my dear friend Maz has kindly bought me an early birthday present and paid for a hotel for me for two nights. Although I seem very unlucky at times I'm also very, very lucky as well. (I also found 60p underneath the table in the cafe a minute ago - now that wouldn't have happened if I'd got on that plane last night.) All I've lost really is a day of my trip. And as it's my word against STA's as to whether that voicemail was ever left on my phone, I won't get any compensation. But hey.

After what was a weekend of the longest goodbyes ever, last night was a huge anti-climax! But I'm off now. Definitely. I think.


No comments: